We’re a volunteer-driven club. Every boat sits out a night of racing to take their turn running the races. Race Committee volunteers go out to the “barge” in the middle of the lake to start races and record the order of finishes.
Joining the Race Committee is a great way to:
- understand how to set a race course,
- see the strategies boats use at the start of a race,
- learn from some great volunteers. We have volunteers that have run National level regattas,
- meet people in a social setting while supporting the racing
- get a lot of coaching while learning this role
All you need is a life jacket.